A Guide to What You Should Snack On Throughout The Day.
Have you ever had days where you eat your lunch but about 10 minutes later, you find that you’re still hungry?
It happens, especially if you’re new to the healthy eating journey! At first it’s easy to turn to snacks such as chips, chocolate bars, or other unhealthy choices. Especially considering they’re usually what a lot of people have turned to for snacks their whole lives! So, what should you snack on during times like these? We’ve listed some snacks and benefits below.
- Berries – Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, you name it! These are packed with vitamins and antioxidants, which help to improve and boost your immune system. Another great thing about berries is that you can either eat them sa they’re, or make them into a smoothie!
- Greek Yogurt- Have you tried Greek Yogurt? If not, now you have a good excuse to! This is thicker than your regular yogurt and is lower in lactose contains twice the protein than that of other yogurts. You can mix freshly sliced fruit or nuts in yours.
- Avocados- Avocados contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals and are full of fats that keep you full! They also hold many benefits that are great for your vision
- Nuts- Almonds, pistachios, walnuts, cashews, and peanuts are great snacks to eat basically anywhere and hold several health benefits, Pistachios for example increase the level of antioxidants in the blood of people with high cholesterol.
- Whole Grain Crackers- If you’re going to eat crackers, make sure they’re whole grain! They contain fiber, iron, and B vitamins. Feel free to pair these with reduced fat cottage cheese.
For further information about how to eat healthy, give us a call at 224-480-3700! We’re here to help your journey to healthy living. For more information about The Fresh Plan meals, visit thefreshplan.com/menu.