Of course, The Fresh Plan food is delicious, but here are a few tips to KEEP the fresh in your plan! These tips can be used in your quest for good health for the rest of your life!
Helpful Tips For A Healthy Lifestyle
- Use any spices but store them in a cool, dark place… not above your stove. Humidity, light and heat will cause herbs and spices to lose their flavor.
- After working with garlic, rub your hands vigorously on your stainless-steel sink for 30 seconds before washing them. It will remove the odor.
- When chopping herbs, toss a little salt onto the cutting board; it will keep the herbs from flying around.
- For safety’s sake, put a wine cork on the tip of a sharp knife before putting the knife in a drawer.
- Optimize the juice you get from a lemon or lime, roll it hard under your palm for a minute before juicing or you can even microwave it for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add hot sauce to your meals. It will taste great, plus the chilies have antimicrobial properties.
- Extend veggie freshness; line the bottom of your refrigerator’s crisper drawer with paper towels. They’ll absorb the excess moisture that causes veggies to rot.
- Don’t waste lemons; if you need only a few drops of lemon juice, avoid cutting the lemon in half — it will dry out quickly that way. Instead, puncture the fruit with a metal skewer and squeeze out exactly what you require.
- Don’t let salt harden, put rice in your saltshaker to stop the salt from hardening. The rice absorbs condensation that can cause clumps.
- Ripen fruit quickly, place it in a paper bag with an apple. Apples release ethylene gas that hastens the maturing process of other fruits.
- To clean stainless-steel utensils, rubbing alcohol will remove spots. Pour a little on a cotton ball and wipe over problem areas
To kick start your healthy eating lifestyle click here